Friday, September 20, 2019

Q&A with the author - Part 1 of 10

Q. Where do you get the ideas for your books?

A. There is no one answer to that question, but generally I have an active imagination and ideas come to me fairly easily. I got the idea for Time Capsule several years ago when I planted a tree in my yard and wondered what would happen if I found something buried there. I decided to write a story about that and it eventually became a book.

Because it’s a fiction novel, I had to create all of the people, places, events, dialogue and so on, which was a lot of fun. I’m a former journalist so I used real people, places and events for inspiration but turned it all into a fictional narrative, built around two main characters who are newspaper reporters like I was.

Once I got started with the discovery of the time capsule, I crafted the rest of the story from actual experiences and some that I invented out of my own head.

Next: Tell me about your writing process?

No comments:

Post a Comment